Differences Between Tummy Tuck & Liposuction
Have you ever wondered what the difference is between a tummy tuck and a liposuction surgery in the UK? These are two of the most popular surgical options that are available for those who want to achieve a certain body shape and form. Which one is the right choice for your case? Here are the differences between the two:
- Tummy tuck is known in medical language as abdominoplasty, and its goal is to remove excess fat and skin. This surgery targets the tissues on the abdominal part. Liposuction, on the other hand, can also be called lipectomy, lipoplasty or just lipo. Liposuction surgery in the UK can be done on the abdomen, thighs, buttocks, chin, neck, and back.
- Both operations require anaesthesia or intravenous sedation.
- A tummy tuck surgery in the UK starts with a horizontal incision between the belly button and the pubic hairline. As the skin is lifted, the connected muscles are repaired. The upper abdominal skin is pulled down and the excess skin is trimmed. Tapes and sutures will be used to close the incisions.
- Liposuction surgery in the UK involves an incision where a hollow tube or cannula is inserted to loosen the fat. The fat is then sucked out using a surgical vacuum attached to the tube.
- Those who have a lot of fat and loose skin may be advised to undergo liposuction in London. Tummy tuck surgery in the UK is recommended for those who are already in their ideal weight but need to trim down their abdominal area.
- Both tummy tuck and liposuction surgery in the UK are not substitutes for weight loss and proper diet. The two procedures are aimed at eliminating excess fats and skin on the body. To maintain your weight and health, you still need to stick to a balanced diet and consistent exercise.
It’s important that liposuction or tummy tuck surgery in the UK is done by a reputable doctor who has extensive experience in performing these cosmetic procedures.